My Motto… I Love Movement!
Sally was born and educated in the UK and commenced her working career as a professional dancer. Following a sudden retirement due to knee surgery, she commenced her journey in physiotherapy and exercise rehab in 2002. It was at this time that she qualified in Pilates and personal training and realised the immense benefits from this form of exercise training. Sally combines her continuing love of exercise rehab, fitness and physiotherapy knowledge to provide innovative and results driven sessions.
Sally is a workshop professional, having created a number of workshops for both dancers and the general public.
- “Your Body, Your Tool, Your Career” – 2 Day Workshop for Full Time Dancers.
- “Band-ITS Barre” – A strength and conditioning programme for dancers.
- “Assess, Treat & Train the Hip & Pelvis” – 1 day workshop for allied health practitioners and Pilates instructors.
- “FILEX convention” – Pilates/ corrective exercise based rehab workshops 2016,17,19.
- “Physio Barre” – A physio led Barre/Pilates course for allied health.
- “RBT’ – Resistance Band Training for Allied health
- “Resistance Training For Dance” – In conjunction with Lisa Howell & TheBalletBlog.
- “Body Image For Dancers” – In conjunction with PFP
She presents year round, focusing most of her energy on Pilates based workshops and functional movement courses.
- ViPR National Trainer.
- APPI mat L1-3 – Physiotherapist led Pilates teacher training certification programme.
Sally is also an ongoing contributor for Dance life magazine and lectures at UDC, ED5 , Brent St, Ettinghausens, Transit Dance and The Cecchetti Conference & ATOD.
She launched her YouTube channel strength4dance in 2018 which has everything the dancer needs to improve flexibility safely, strengthen and train the body.
Sally started dancing professionally at aged 8 in Panto in Nottingham, England. She completed her major exams and competed in a number of competitions in the UK and was overall champion in senior jazz finals. She continued her career, based out of London, for a further 7 years working within the cabaret/commercial scene, with contracts in the United States, Europe and United Kingdom. She was also a dancer for Princess Cruises and Spirit of the Dance, USA.
Sally’s hobbies include travelling and 2 her two adorable cats.